NEW’s trainings are driven by the core belief that everyone has potential and ability but due to adverse circumstances, women in the informal sector are sometimes not able to achieve their goals. Our training programmes are a collective approach to overall development of women and our capacity building programmes cut across several requirements.
Our training programmes help to develop women’s self-esteem, confidence and leadership skills. Local women leaders understand the power of collective struggle and organize to take the NEW movement forward. Trainings help women build their capacity, both technical as well as managerial. These training programmes help raise the women’s awareness and self-esteem levels. They also learn to share information and experiences and develop a sense of pride in themselves and their organization.
Given the illiteracy level in Africa and amongst our members, all our training methods are based on interactive approaches. The participants are involved from the very beginning in the training through activities like role-play, discussions, exercises, drawings, songs and games. We believe in “learning by doing” and this philosophy guides the classes.
Our capacity building programmes include:-
1. Member Education
2. NEW Movement – Group Basic Leadership Training
3. VSLA Record keeping Training
4. Training of Trainers (TOT) for community Volunteers
5. VSL Association / Cooperative formation Training
6. Research Training – Impact Assessment.
Other Training Programmes
1. VSLA Orientation
2. Group and Cooperative Organizing Training
3. Member Subscription Training
4. Tailoring Training for women in the tailoring Centre